Many times, users face audio issues during screen-sharing in Discord, this is a common issue and that you can fix easily. See the below methods to fix discord screen share not working issue.
How to fix discord screen share not working?
Update discord using below steps:
- Press Windows key + R from the keyboard at the same time. A Run box will open.
- Type %localappdata% in the run box.
- Click OK.
- Double-click on Discord.
- Now double click Update.exe. Wait till the update process completes.
- Once the update completes, relaunch Discord. Check if you can share your screen correctly now.
Update audio driver
- Most of the time, discord no audio issue is due to the wrong or outdated audio driver. Make sure, you have the latest correct audio driver.
- You can update your audio driver using the below methods:
- Method 1: to update your drivers manually, you’ll require some computer skills and patience to find exactly the right driver online. Download it and install it. Your sound card gets updated by the manufacturers along with other drivers. Go to the manufacturer’s website and search for the drivers corresponding with your Windows version.
After downloading the correct drivers for your system, install the driver.
- Method 2: Update drivers automatically. Software like driver Easy automatically recognizes your system to find the correct drivers for it. You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
Restart your computer
Many times, some programs running on your computer conflicts with Discord. This results in sound problems. To resolve this issue, restart your computer to close unwanted programs completely. Now relaunch Discord to test your issue.
Disable your antivirus temporarily
Many times, interference from antivirus software causes the issue of discord screen share not working. To solve it, temporarily disable your antivirus program.
If it is working properly after you disabling the antivirus software, take the help of the vendor of your antivirus software. You can also install a different antivirus solution.
Reset the voice settings on Discord
Improper voice settings is another reason for this issue. Reset the voice settings to default in order to fix this issue. Follow the steps discussed below:
- Run Discord and click the Settings icon.
- Select Voice & Video.
- Click on reset Voice Settings and then OK.
Add the program you want to share to Discord
If you want to share your screen properly, you need to verify that the program you want to share is added to Discord. Follow the steps below to do it:
- Run Discord and the program that you want to share.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap the Game Activity option.
- Click on Add it.
- Click on the box to open the drop-down menu.
- Select the program you want to share.
- Select Add Game.
- Don’t forget to turn on the toggle.
Many times, the problem is due to corrupted or damaged Discord files. To solve it, reinstall Discord. Follow the steps discussed below to reinstall discord:
- Press the Windows logo key from the keyboard. T
- Type control and click on Control Panel to open it.
- Go to View by and click on Category.
- Select the option to uninstall a program.
- Right-click on Discord and select Uninstall option.
- Now download Discord and open the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall Discord.
Try the above fixes and you will definitely solve the issue of discord screen sharing not working.
Read more: Skyui error
Read more: Hulu Error-infotechboy