Chrome autofill saves the time of user wasted in filling contact details like name, emails, phone number, and addresses. It helps you in the time of filling forms online automatically. Many times, the user faces the issue Chrome autofill not working.
Methods to fix Chrome autofill not working
Some general troubleshooting tricks
- Use incognito mode to resolve the issue. If the problem is solved, then the error may be due to one of your extensions.
- Clear the browser cache and cookies data from the period you have started facing the issue and expand it to “beginning of time”.
- Now download and run Malwarebytes to remove unwanted programs that are affecting Chrome.
- Reboot the system.
Turn on autofill of Chrome
- Go to the Chrome menu.
- Select Settings.
- Click Advanced.
- Click on “Password and forms” section.
- Check the option of “Enable autofill to fill out web forms in a single click”.
Sites you are using are not listed under Never saved section
- Go to the Chrome menu.
- Click on Settings.
- Go to Advanced.
- Click on “Manage saved passwords.”
- Go to “never saved” option in the password dialog that displays.
- If your site is listed, remove it by clicking the X at the end of the row. Revisit the websites and if it asks to save your password information, you can allow Chrome to show it.
Create a new user profile
Create a new user profile using these steps:
- Exit Chrome.
- Open File Explorer.
- In the address bar type- “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\”.
- Search for Default folder in the directory window.
- Rename it as Backup default.
- Open Chrome. A fresh folder will be created automatically.
- Create a new browser profile. Go to Menu and then manage people. Click on Add person. Select a name and photo.
- Click Save.
- Sign in with Google account for the newly created profile.
- It will automatically sync your bookmarks, history, passwords, and other settings.
Reset Chrome settings
- Go to Google Chrome.
- Click Settings.
- Scroll down and select Advanced.
- Click on “Reset and clean up” box.
- Click on Reset and then again reset to confirm.
- On resetting Chrome settings, the default search engine will be back to Google.
Disable extensions installed on Google Chrome
- Open Chrome in non-incognito mode.
- Type “chrome://extensions” in the address bar. Press Enter.
- Go to the list of extensions. And disable your privacy extension.
- While the extension tab is open, open a new tab and log in to your Facebook account.
- Click on “allow or block”.
- Refresh the websites.
- Autofill should be working again now.
- Now enable extensions one by one by going to the extensions tab.
Try the above tricks to solve the issue of Chrome autofill not working. you can read others blog in infotechboy